- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. table salt
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ cup yellow ballpark style mustard
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup A1 steak sauce
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- ¼ cup Agave nectar or regular honey
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (or light if that’s all you have)
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp. Memphis Rub (from above)
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (can omit or try a hot sauce if you like)
- 1 tbsp. red pepper chili flakes (can omit if you don’t like that much heat)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat over medium heat prior to using for best flavor.
**Caveman Tip: I prefer to prepare the BBQ sauce the night before you use it, as it allows all the flavors ample time to blend resulting in the ultimate savory BBQ sauce.